The Qoin Association Council has thoroughly researched and investigated the risks and regulatory environment relating to digital currencies, blockchains and exchanges in Australia. The same will be done for New Zealand, the United Kingdom and every country that the Merchant ecosystem is expanded into.
The council has also directly engaged with ASIC, the regulator in Australia. The Australian Qoin Wallet is a regulated non cash payments product approved as Authorised Representative number 1279598 of Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number 494176. When the merchant ecosystem is expanded into the rest of the world, the Council will engage with country regulators and law firms to get the appropriate guidance.
To fully understand the risks and regulatory environment the Council appointed a leading tier-one law firm to submit legal advice that was used to develop our regulatory roadmap.
The following risks have been identified for any User of the Qoin digital currency and these risks should be considered before acquiring Qoin:
- Regulatory environments can differ from country to country
- Users should only acquire Qoin from the Qoin Reserve and their official representatives, approved digital currency exchanges or from a peer utilizing an officially approved wallet
- The value of Qoin could fluctuate as the Merchant Ecosystem grows or contracts over time
- Qoin is backed by goods and services in the Merchant Ecosystem of those countries where the sales initiative is in operation. Users must visit the website for details at qoin.world
- The market price of Qoin could change due to supply and demand of coin volumes and exchanges as well as global currency and investment markets
- Qoin is a utility coin and does not include any interest return, dividend yield or equity participation as in the case of a company share or security token
- Users must only use the official Qoin wallet to access the blockchain and their transaction balances
- Users must always securely store their wallet private keys or 12 word seed phrase.