22 February 2022
We are pleased to announce that the first stage of the new Global Wallet for Android users has now been released on the Google Play Store. These releases will be staggered, and randomly released over a week period. After a week, if you have not received the update, you will need to go into the Google Play Store to update the latest version.
We know you’ll be happy to hear that the password reset functionality has been fixed and is a much smoother process.
With this newest update, there have been some improvements that will make using Qoin easier for all users. You will see a new look and feel home screen, there have been some functionality improvements and easier ways to transact. Once you get your new upgrade, existing users will be asked to provide some additional email and mobile authentication when logging into your wallet.
- Brand new ‘Let’s get started’ screen
- New look and feel home page
- New email address confirmation
- New mobile number verification
This Global Wallet is an important step towards our global expansion, and now it is more important than ever that we comply with international regulatory anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorism financing rules. One of the most significant changes in the Global Wallet is the automated Know Your Customer (KYC) process.
All new Users will be asked to complete KYC as part of their registration and eventually, all users will be required to complete the KYC process. Please help us to continue to help you by supplying the required information, so you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Qoin.
There is a dedicated team who provide support during the rollout of the upgraded global wallet, also with the Authentication and KYC process, so if you need any help please give our Qoin Support a call and they will assist.
- New KYC verification process – Know your customer (KYC) is a mandatory process to identify and verify the identity of a client.
- Verify your identity – Qoin must make sure that all Merchants are genuinely who they claim to be when becoming a Qoin Merchant.
- About you – You are required to complete information about you, your address and your ID.
- Proof of your identity – You will need to complete information that will help confirm your identity.
- Biometric ‘selfie’ facial image – You will be required to take a photo of the front and the back of your Driver’s Licence and you will be required to take ‘live’ photos of yourself.
- Congratulations, you are done! – You will then receive confirmation that you have completed verifying your identity.
Here at Qoin we are always keen to know more about you. The more we know, the better service we can provide and the more benefits you will receive from your Qoin experience.
We thank you for your support and let’s keep the Qoin Community growing.