Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- Celsius’ co-founder Daniel Leon follows Mashinsky out as crypto exec flight continuesby Cointelegraph By Derek Andersen on October 4, 2022 at 9:44 pm
Leon is at least the eighth crypto sector executive who has resigned in recent months; Celsius CEO Alex Mashinsky resigned a week ago.
- DataVault requests US election agency’s advice to send NFTs as a campaign fundraising incentiveby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on October 4, 2022 at 9:32 pm
The firm planned to market NFTs “in a manner akin to a campaign hat or souvenirs,” intending to have political committees offer them to high-volume low-dollar donors.
- Coinbase CEO announces documentary on cryptocurrency and exchangeby Cointelegraph By Judith BannermanQuist on October 4, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Armstrong said that the documentary will capture “the good, bad, and ugly” of building a tech start-up from the ground up.
- M31 Capital launches $100M Web3 investment fund with $50M in commitments so farby Cointelegraph By Sam Bourgi on October 4, 2022 at 9:00 pm
The investment fund, which was founded by an early Bitcoin investor, said the current market cycle is the first time in a decade where prices and fundamentals have diverged so wildly.
- CFTC can issue summons through Ooki DAO’s help chat box, says judgeby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on October 4, 2022 at 7:15 pm
A federal judge said the court’s decision was based on the CFTC effectively serving the Ooki DAO by providing the necessary documents in its Sept. 22 lawsuit.
- Basel Committee: Banks worldwide reportedly own 9.4 billion euros in crypto assetsby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on October 4, 2022 at 6:30 pm
The study found that banks mostly held volatile cryptocurrencies and had little exposure to stablecoins.
- Bitcoin miner profitability under threat as hash rate hits new all-time highby Cointelegraph By Ray Salmond on October 4, 2022 at 6:26 pm
Analysts say Bitcoin miners’ worst days are probably behind them, but the network’s soaring hash rate and the uptick in difficulty are weighing on profit margins.
- European Parliament members vote in favor of crypto and blockchain tax policiesby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on October 4, 2022 at 4:15 pm
The resolution recommended authorities in the parliament’s 27 member states consider a “simplified tax treatment” for crypto users involved in occasional or small transactions.
- If Credit Suisse collapses, will it bring more volatility to the crypto market? Watch The Market Reportby Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph on October 4, 2022 at 4:00 pm
On this week’s episode of The Market Report, Cointelegraph’s resident experts discuss the Credit Suisse situation and what impact it would have on the cryptocurrency market if it did collapse.
- Grayscale terminates Bitcoin trust material agreements with Genesisby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on October 4, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Genesis will no longer be involved in GBTC’s main operations but will still act as a liquidity provider.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- NFT Collection Veefriends Physical Collectibles to Debut at Macy’s and Toys’R’Usby Jamie Redman on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 pm
In recent times, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and their physical counterparts have started to debut at well known retail stores and luxury boutiques. On October 4, the NFT project called Veefriends revealed that the team is launching its limited edition series of collectible characters exclusively at Macy’s and Toys”R”Us. Veefriends holds the 20th position in terms
- Pro-Russian Groups Raised $400,000 in Crypto Since Ukraine Invasion, Report Revealsby Lubomir Tassev on October 4, 2022 at 8:30 pm
Groups supporting Russia’s war effort in Ukraine have been actively collecting cryptocurrency to fund paramilitary operations and evade sanctions, researchers say. According to a new report, these organizations use Telegram to raise money then used to pay for equipment and training. Paramilitary Groups Employ Cryptocurrency to Fund Russian Operations in Ukraine Pro-Russian groups have reportedly
- Bankrupt Crypto Lender Celsius’ Asset Sale Is Scheduled, Sources Say FTX CEO May Bidby Jamie Redman on October 4, 2022 at 6:30 pm
According to a filing published by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, the crypto lending firm Celsius has been given a final bid deadline of October 17, 2022. Following the bankruptcy court’s final bid deadline, a sale hearing is scheduled for November 1. A report published last week noted that
- NYSE Halts Twitter Trading After Report Says Elon Musk Plans to Follow Through With Acquisitionby Jamie Redman on October 4, 2022 at 5:05 pm
According to reports, Tesla’s Elon Musk now plans to purchase Twitter Inc. for the original asking price of $54.20 a share. Twitter’s shares surged following the news and climbed nearly 20% higher and trading was halted twice so far. Report Claims Tesla’s Elon Musk Will Purchase Twitter at the Original Asking Price It seems Elon
- Mastercard Debuts Blockchain Surveillance Tool for Banks and Crypto-Centric Card Issuersby Jamie Redman on October 4, 2022 at 4:30 pm
On Tuesday, the multinational financial services corporation Mastercard revealed that it is launching a new crypto monitoring product called Crypto Secure. The Crypto Secure software aims to leverage artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms in order to help banks and crypto-centric debit card issuers identify fraudulent crypto transactions. Mastercard, Ciphertrace Introduce New Crypto Monitoring Product Called Crypto
- Biggest Movers: MATIC Hits 3-Week High, LINK up Almost 10%by Eliman Dambell on October 4, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Polygon raced to a three-week high during today’s session, as bullish sentiment returned to cryptocurrency markets. Chainlink was also in the green, as the token surged for a second straight day, rising by almost 10% in the process. Overall, the global crypto market cap is up 3.06% as of writing. Polygon (MATIC) Polygon (MATIC) was
- UN Report Urges Fed to Suspend Interest Rate Hikes, Presses for ‘Public Spending’ Increasesby Jamie Redman on October 4, 2022 at 2:00 pm
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has warned that the U.S. Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes and the slew of other central banks raising rates, could pose harm to the global economy. UNCTAD calculated that for every Fed basis point rise, the economic output of wealthy countries declines by 0.5%, and for
- Bitcoin, Ethereum Technical Analysis: BTC Back Above $20,000, USD Hits 2-Week Lowby Eliman Dambell on October 4, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Bitcoin was back above $20,000 on Tuesday, as the U.S. dollar fell to its lowest point in two weeks versus several G7 currencies. The stronger dollar has impacted purchasing power in cryptocurrencies, and commodities like crude oil, which last week fell to a nine-month low. Ethereum was also up, hitting a five-day high. Bitcoin Bitcoin
- Cryptocurrency Is Losing Popularity as Investment Vehicle in US, According to Bankrate Surveyby Sergio Goschenko on October 4, 2022 at 11:30 am
The popularity of cryptocurrency as an investment vehicle is dwindling in the U.S., according to a survey made by Bankrate. The survey found that trust in crypto has diminished across several groups, with millennials losing 20% of their trust in the assets — more confidence lost than in the other generational groups surveyed. Investors Losing
- The Coorest Carbon Standard Now Officially Certifiedby Media on October 4, 2022 at 11:00 am
PRESS RELEASE. Coorest, a Polygon-native project, is the first blockchain project to have a certified standard for carbon compensation entirely on-chain — allowing anyone with an internet connection to compensate for their carbon footprint, thereby demonstrating that the newly certified Coorest Carbon Standard (CCS) is an excellent alternative to other pre-existing standards. As a result