Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest crypto news and analyses on the future of money.
- Why is Bitcoin price down today?by Cointelegraph by Nancy Lubale on February 21, 2024 at 9:10 pm
Bitcoin price is down today, but is the sell-off the start of a stronger trend reversal?
- Sam Bankman-Fried is back in court, waives conflict of interest for lawyersby Cointelegraph by Turner Wright on February 21, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Lawyers Marc Mukasey and Torrey Young will represent the former FTX CEO through his sentencing on March 28, while Christian Everdell and Mark Cohen are withdrawing.
- Here’s what happened in crypto todayby Cointelegraph by Jesse Coghlan on February 21, 2024 at 8:41 pm
Need to know what happened in crypto today? Here is the latest news on daily trends and events impacting Bitcoin price, blockchain, DeFi, NFTs, Web3 and crypto regulation.
- Texas company mounts court challenge to SEC crypto authorityby Cointelegraph by Derek Andersen on February 21, 2024 at 8:32 pm
The parent company of a yet-to-launch crypto exchange teamed up with the Crypto Freedom Alliance of Texas in hopes of heading off securities trading charges.
- WWE digital collectibles on Panini, Sports Illustrated NFT tickets on Avalanche: Nifty Newsletterby Cointelegraph by Ezra Reguerra on February 21, 2024 at 8:00 pm
Collectible firm Panini announced the launch of World Wrestling Entertainment’s digital Donruss Elite card set on its blockchain.
- SEC enforcement attorney joins law firm defending crypto companiesby Cointelegraph by Turner Wright on February 21, 2024 at 7:40 pm
Ladan Stewart was one of the attorneys of record in the SEC’s enforcement action against Ripple but withdrew from the case in January.
- Price analysis 2/21: BTC, ETH, BNB, SOL, XRP, ADA, AVAX, DOGE, LINK, DOTby Cointelegraph by Rakesh Upadhyay on February 21, 2024 at 7:06 pm
Bulls failed to hold Bitcoin price above $52,000, possibly marking the start of a short-term trend change in BTC and altcoins.
- Would Sam Altman's $7 trillion ask really secure our future?by Cointelegraph by Dr. Merav Ozair on February 21, 2024 at 6:57 pm
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman wants to raise $7 trillion for chip production to help AI systems, but he has yet to show AI is moving in a direction that will help us.
- ChatGPT had a public meltdown but OpenAI says it’s fine nowby Cointelegraph by Tristan Greene on February 21, 2024 at 6:25 pm
The latest unexplained kerfuffle with ChatGPT’s outputs highlights the dangers of automation.
- Volatility hits PLANET token after Lionel Messi’s partnership for RWAby Cointelegraph by Ana Paula Pereira on February 21, 2024 at 5:58 pm
Soccer star Lionel Messi has disclosed his upcoming RWA in partnership with the Join The Planet initiative, spiking volatility for the project’s native token.
Bitcoin News Daily Bitcoin News
- Crypto Markets Experience Minor Setback as Major Coins Dip, While Select Tokens Buck the Trendby Jamie Redman on February 21, 2024 at 7:30 pm
On Wednesday, the crypto market experienced a modest downturn, with a 1% decrease in its overall value across the board, as bitcoin and ethereum saw declines of 0.51% and 0.45%, respectively. Bitcoin momentarily reached the $53,000 mark the day prior, while ether soared past the $3,000 threshold on Tuesday, though both cryptocurrencies traded significantly lower
- Do Kwon’s Fate Sealed — Montenegro High Court Opts for US Extradition in Legal Tug-of-Warby Jamie Redman on February 21, 2024 at 6:30 pm
In a landmark decision, the High Court in Podgorica has ruled that the former Terraform Labs CEO, Do Kwon, will be extradited to the United States, sidelining South Korea’s request for his extradition. The court’s ruling comes after extensive deliberations on the legal and political implications of the extradition. Report Details Do Kwon’s U.S. Extradition
- Blockchain-Focused Super Pac Raises Millions From Crypto Magnates in January by Jamie Redman on February 21, 2024 at 4:00 pm
According to a recent report, a super political action committee (PAC) focused on the cryptocurrency industry has secured $4.9 million in contributions from Cameron Winklevoss and Tyler Winklevoss. Additionally, the super PAC named Fairshake amassed $6.3 million in funds last month, as per records from the federal elections. Crypto Leaders Amplify Blockchain PAC’s Influence With
- Bitcoin Technical Analysis: Oscillators and Averages Point to a Market at Crossroadsby Jamie Redman on February 21, 2024 at 1:49 pm
As bitcoin navigates through the volatile waves of the crypto market, its price on Feb. 21, 2024, reflects a complex interplay of market dynamics. Oscillating between $50,820 and $52,902 within a 24-hour frame, the leading digital currency continues to showcase significant trading activity. With a market capitalization over the $1 trillion mark, bitcoin traders are
- Switzerland’s Postfinance Launches Crypto Trading and Custody Serviceby Kevin Helms on February 21, 2024 at 12:30 pm
Swiss Post’s financial subsidiary, Postfinance, has launched a new cryptocurrency trading and custody service. Customers can use the service to “purchase or securely store an initial range of 11 cryptocurrencies at the click of a mouse or even set up a crypto saving plan,” the company explained. Postfinance’s New Crypto Service Swiss Post’s fully-owned financial
- Roqqu Announces the Inclusion of Bitcoin.com’s VERSE Token on its Wallet Platform, Aiming to Foster DeFi in Africaby Media on February 21, 2024 at 12:00 pm
PRESS RELEASE. 21st February, 2024 – Roqqu, a leading African blockchain technology company with over 1.6 million users and a vibrant community of 700,000 active users, is thrilled to announce the listing of VERSE token, the official utility and rewards token of Bitcoin.com, on its robust wallet platform. This integration marks a significant stride in
- Charles Hoskinson Signals Alert of Legacy Finance’s Creeping Influence in Cryptoby David Sencil on February 21, 2024 at 11:00 am
In a video address, Charles Hoskinson casts a spotlight on the advance of traditional financial mechanisms into the realm of cryptocurrency, warning that the essence of digital currencies is at stake. Charles Hoskinson Warns of Crypto’s Creeping Centralization In a recent video titled “Legacy is Eating Crypto,” Charles Hoskinson, the co-founder of Ethereum and Cardano,
- US Judge Urged to Approve Binance’s $4.3 Billion Plea Dealby Terence Zimwara on February 21, 2024 at 9:00 am
A U.S. Federal Judge has been urged to accept a plea deal from U.S. authorities with the cryptocurrency exchange, Binance. Prosecutors, in a memorandum, have asserted that the agreed-upon sanctions are commensurate with the extent of Binance’s deliberate law violations. Binance’s Alleged Refusal to Register as a Money Services Business U.S. prosecutors have reportedly urged
- Major Party in South Korea Proposes to Defer Cryptocurrency Taxationby Sergio Goschenko on February 21, 2024 at 7:00 am
The People Power Party, a major political party in South Korea, has proposed to defer cryptocurrency taxation for up to two years as part of a general election pledge. The Korean government has already postponed establishing cryptocurrency taxation until 2025 when income generated from cryptocurrencies will be taxed at 22%. South Korea to Delay Cryptocurrency
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitget Eyes Latam Expansionby Sergio Goschenko on February 21, 2024 at 5:00 am
Bitget, a top 15 cryptocurrency exchange, is seeking to expand its operations in Latin America, a market traditionally dominated by incumbents like Binance and Bitso. Maximiliano Hinz, Bitget’s growth director for Latam, believes that the exchange can differentiate by focusing on serving beginner investors with tools like its copy-trading feature. Bitget Aims to Gain Traction